"Best of Houzz is a true badge of honor as it is awarded by our community of homeowners, those who are hiring design, remodeling and other home improvement professionals for their projects,” said Liza Hausman, vice president of Industry Marketing for Houzz. “We are excited to celebrate the 2019 winners chosen by our community as their favorites for home design and customer experience, and to highlight those winners on the Houzz website and app."
Born in the Bronx NY from Argentinean immigrant parents, Paula lived the first part of her life,until the age of 20, between two countries moving often between New York City and Buenos Aires. The two great centers of art provided her the base from which to develop her artistic talent. Paula went to Pratt Institute in Brooklyn, NYC to follow a career in Architecture and learn how to fold her love of design into structures. She worked for 10 years in architecture then made the decision to focus on her two children and her love of painting. Shortly thereafter she moved with her family to Florence Italy where she was able to explore and further develop her skills through her studies in art history and studio painting. While in Italy Paula began teaching a beginners painting class. Teaching has since become another passion. Paula’s early work consisted of Tuscan landscapes that inspired her, creating paintings and murals that bring the beauty of Tuscany to everyone that experiences them.
I began by painting landscapes, soon I became more interested in the colors, patterns and the texture of the paint than the subject matter This led me to try different mediums and explore the fluidity of paints. I began using very thick high gloss Enamel paint that flows and dries almost like blown glass. I have been exploring this medium and adding found objects like gravel sand and sea shells to create contemporary landscapes. The resulting flowing forms are recognizable patterns in nature, such as the bark of trees, foaming waves and ocean creatures. I use this fluidity to create organic shapes that represent nature and contrast with this cold high gloss enamel material.
- 2019 High Frequency Art, Jan 6- Feb 23, Indianapolis,IN
- 2018 Home-A-Rama Chatham Hills, Noblesville IN
- 2018 Indiana Landmarks Center -Rapp Family Gallery for the "Off the Record" summer exhibit. June1 - July 31 Indianapolis, IN
- 2018 Hoosier Women Artists exhibition at the Haan Museum, April 6 - July 20th, Juried show Lafayette, IN
- 2018 - 38th annual Arts Fair on the Square, June 23, juried show, Bloomington IN
- 2017-18 - Hoosier Women Artists Honoree, Works Selected for the Statehouse, May 17th 2017 - May 2018
- 2017 - Hoosier Women Artists Honoree, Works Selected for the Statehouse, May 17th 2017 - May 2018
- 2015 - the Indy Surviveoars, Passions Collide:Artists & Paddlers Meet, people’s choice award, March 6 at the StutzCenter, Indianapolis, IN
- 2014 - NAMOS (National Art Museum of Sport) Gold medal winner in NAMOS' 4th Annual, International Commitment to Excellence in Art & Sports: A Fine Art Competition , Juried Show, , September 6 - Nov. 3, Canaan CT
- 1986 - Cathedral of St. John the Divine, permanent sculpture at Fountain of peace, New York, NY.
- 2017 Flava Fresh XIV 2017-2018, Annual Juried Exhibition Series of contemporary fine art.
- 2017 - Monument Circle Art Fair, Saturday October 7,Indianapolis IN
- 2017 - American Artisan Festival, June 16 - 18, Juried show, Nashville Tennessee
- 2017 - Brooklyn Waterfront Artists Coalition (BWAC) Recycle juried show, May 13th - June 18th, Brooklyn NYC, NY
- 2017 - Hoosier Women Artists Honoree, May 17th - May 2018
- 2017 - Butler ArtsFest, Religion, Spirituality and the Arts with Butler University, part of Creation video, April 17,Indianapolis, IN
- 2016 -2017 Flava Fresh exhibit at THE NORTH COLLEGE AVENUE INDIANAPOLIS PUBLIC LIBRARY, September 20 2016- January 24th, 2017, Indianapolis IN
- 2016 Monument Circle Art Fair, October 8, 2016,Indianapolis IN
- 2016 Flava Fresh exhibit at the Arts Garden, July 1- July 30, Indianapolis IN
- 2016 Flava Fresh exhibit at Primary Colors, July 1- July 30, Indianapolis IN
- 2016 - Butler ArtsFest, as part of The ArtSpace at the Athenaeum's IDADA First Friday event, April 1- 30,Indianapolis, IN
- 2016 - The Art & Soul of Bloomington, The Venue's Juried Art Show, The Venue, April 2-27th, Bloomington IN.
- 2016 - H2O Exhibit, Meridian Street Gallery LLC. April 1-27, Indianapolis, IN
- 2016 - Rhythm N Blues Exhibit, Meridian Street Gallery LLC. Feb. 5-29, Indianapolis, IN
- 2016- Religion, Spirituality andthe Arts with Butler University, at the Christian Theological Seminary,Jan 20- Feb 16, Indianapolis, IN
- 2015 Religion, Spirituality and the Arts at the Harrison Center, December 4th -25th, Indianapolis, IN
- 2015 ACAC (American Concern for Art and Craftsmanship) 27th Annual Autumn Crafts Festival at Lincoln center NYC , juried show, Oct 10th - 11th. booth# 232, Lincoln Center NYC
- 2015 10th Annual IDADA Membership Exhibition, Juried show, 877 Massachusetts Ave., October 2nd-October 4th Indianapolis, IN
- 2015 Hoosier Salon Vs IMOCA, Group show, August 7 - 9, 1043 Virginia Ave #5, Indianapolis IN
- 2015 Brick Street Market Zionsville, Indiana, May 16th
- 2015 the Indy Surviveoars, Passions Collide:Artists & Paddlers Meet, people’s choice award, March 6 at the StutzCenter, Indianapolis, IN
- 2014 ACAC (American Concern for Art and Craftsmanship) 26th Annual Autumn Crafts Festival at Lincoln center NYC, juried show, Oct 11th - 12th 2014. booth# 232, Lincoln Center NYC
- 2014 CAN'd Art, Canvitational 2014, Indianapolis Art garden Sept 19, Indianapolis IN
- 2014 NAWBO (The National Association of Women Business Owners) Women Artists Public Exhibition in the Arts Garden, group show Aug. 27 - Sept 17, Indianapolis IN
- 2014 NAMOS (National Art Museum of Sport) Gold medal winner in NAMOS' 4th Annual, International Commitment to Excellence in Art & Sports: A Fine Art Competition , Juried Show, , September 6 - Nov. 3, Canaan CT
- 2014 Wells Street Art Fair, booth 231, Juried Show, June 14-15, Chicago IL,
- 2014 Poplar and Elm Studio Open house, solo show, May 17, Zionsville, IN
- 2014 Stutz Arts Galley, reCycle pArts , group show, May 4 - May 31,Indianapolis, IN
- 2014 IUPUI Cultural Arts Gallery Continuing the Party, group show, May 6 - 31, Indianapolis, IN
- 2013 Progressive Eyecare & Eyewear,solo show October 5 2013- April 2014, Indianapolis, IN
- 2013 Brebeuf Jesuit College Preparatory,solo show November 2012 -Feb 2013, Indianapolis, IN
- 2013 Harrison Art Center, Underground Chic, group show, March 1 - 30th, Indianapolis, IN
- 2012 SoBro Arts, Art Lab open house, Nov 30th, Indianapolis, IN
- 2012 Hoosier Salon, Broad Ripple Gallery, Salon des Refuses, Oct 26th - November 17th, Indianapolis, IN
- 2012 SALI Southside Art League, - Midwest National Abstract Exhibition VIII at The Garfield Park Arts Center 2432 Conservatory Drive, Sept 29 - Nov. 4, Indianapols, IN
- 2012 - July 10 - August 31 - JCC Member and Staff Art Exhibit Indianapolis, IN
- 2010 Via Dei Guicciardini 9, Solo Show, Florence Italy
- 2007 Stutz Open House (shared Studio ) Indianapolis, IN
- 2001 Indianapolis Art Center Art by Architects Exhibit , Indianapolis, IN
- 1986 Cathedral of St. John the Divine, permanent sculpture at Fountain of peace, New York, NY.
- 9/1988 – 5/1993 Pratt Institute, Brooklyn, NY , Bachelor of Architecture (with Honors) Five year NAAB Accredited Professional Architecture Degree Program , Minor in Art
- 9/86 – 9/87 Universita de Buenos Aires, Buenos Aires Argentina, Interior Design Course work
- 9/82 - 9/86 Fiorello H. La Guardia H.S. of Music and Art, New York, NY
Fluent in English and Spanish and Italian
Volunteer community service
- VSA, Volunteer for Urban Artists, Earth day, Broad Ripple Art Fair 2012
- Stutz, Volunteer Broadripple Art Fair 2012
- International School of Indianapolis 12th Annual Travel Auction Fundraiser chair 2006. Over $115,000 dollars were raised for scholarship fund.
- Habitat for Humanity of greater NY- apartments for the homeless 1990